It’s just a little bit too cold for comfort here in NYC. In fact, my trusty Droid weather app says it feels like 9°F!
[Insert Brrrr here.]
The Wall Street Journal describes it as, “Tundra-like cold” which is just a tiny bit disturbing for my native Floridian self.
Here are some helpful tips for staying warm in NYC and on our tours:
- The more layers the better!
- Wear tights or long johns under your pants.
- Carry hot cocoa, coffee or apple cider to-go.
- Ear-muffs and fleece ear wraps work wonders.
- If you’re carrying a backpack, a fleece blanket is a great way to keep cozy on our tours.
- “Sleeping bag coats” > wool coats.
- Keep hand warmers in your pockets.
- Hop-on, hop-off at a coffee shop to refuel and warm up.
Did you know?
During cold weather periods, CitySights NY has designed a removable canopy constructed from a clear, see-through material, allowing both warmth and complete visibility.
How do you stay warm in the winter?