Top 5 Pools to Beat NY’s Summer Heat
A good way to know that the summer is officially here is when the outdoor pools open up! Starting June 27th, New York residents can enjoy free access to over 50 pools throughout the boroughs. Whether you want to learn how to swim, swim for exercise, or maybe just cool off—there’s a pool near you to cater to your needs this summer! For more information on pools in your area, visit nycgovparks.org.
1. Lasker Pool – The Olympic sized pool doubles as an ice skating rink in the winter, and is conveniently located in Upper Westside Manhattan on 110th Street & Lenox.
2. Astoria Pool – You can spot both the Hell Gates and Robert F. Kennedy bridges from this pool, and enjoy lots of shaded lounge area. 19 Street and 23rd Drive
3. McCarren Park Pool – This newly renovated, Olympic-sized pool in Northern Brooklyn should provide just the right amount of water to cool you off! McCarren Park, 776 Lorimer Street
4. Hamilton Fish Pool – One of the biggest pools in the city, this pool attracts swimmers from the lower Manhattan region. Pitt & Houston Street (128 Pitt St.)
5. Crotona Pool – This is the only Olympic-sized pool in the Bronx (and fourth largest in the city), located in Crotona Park, which is praised for its tree lines and beautiful lake. 173rd Street and Fulton Avenue